Yes, I know, it is probably a bit late to look back on the past decade, but this short list just came to mind recently when I was listening over and over again to the number 3 on this list. Therefore I present you hereby with The 10 Best Indie Songs of the Past Decade – at least, according to me. Feel free to join the discussion and tell me what you think is the best indie music of 2000-2009!
10. Feist – Mushaboom
9. Jack Johnson – Banana Pancakes
8. Air – Alone in Kyoto
7. Belle and Sebastian – Expectations
ex aequo Belle and Sebastian – Act of the Apostle II
6. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition
5. Eddie Vedder – Hard Sun
4. Alexi Murdoch – Blue Mind
Note: I could’ve attached a live version, but they all cut in where the introduction is already over, while that’s the part I like best about the song – the etherical atmosphere etc.
3. She & Him – Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?
2. Phoenix – Love Like A Sunset
Note: Sofia “Lost in Translation” Coppola (a.k.a. Phoenix’ Thomas Mars’ wife) is about to make this brilliant song into a short film or feature film or music video! :)
1. Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Relator